Did you know?
You could be at risk of serious injury if you use Non OEM Parts.
Mike Kautsky explains:
Case study – Casing
- Container vessel ME specified with 3x VTR714
- Non-OEM air outlet casings
- Chemical composition of material does not correspond to ABB original part specification
- Mechanical properties insufficient
- Tensile strength ~ 70%
- Creep rupture strength ~ 60%
- Are sold as ‘genuine parts’
- Are often difficult to detect!
- Severely compromise safety
- Can be hazardous to life and limb
- Negatively influence emissions
Don’t be misled by inadequate or fake certificates
If you want to be sure
Source genuine ABB OEM parts from ABB only.
Use of Non OEM Parts = Is it worth the risk?
Casing did not achieve containment
Fragment found stuck in engine room roof
Do you want to be sure it is genuine?
See beneath the surface of your turbocharger parts.
Use TurboAid to assess the impact of parts deviations on your operations.